The 101st edition of the Million Dollar Band will officially begin with Fall Camp on Friday, August 9, 2013 and will finish up on Tuesday, August 20, 2013. Rookie camp will be Friday and Saturday, August 9-10 and Full camp with new and returning members will begin on Sunday, August 11. Move-in for NEW MEMBERS will be Thursday, August 8 and for RETURNING MEMBERS Sunday morning, August 11. Returning members should report for band camp on Sunday evening, August 11 (after you have moved in Sunday morning). Information about auditions will be sent out via email during the month of July.
How to Audition:
For all the members of our Million Dollar Band, membership in this outstanding organization is like a home away from home, filled with musicians who become life-long friends. The Million Dollar Band is definitely an exciting experience that you will never forget. We encourage you to become a member.
To be a member of The University of Alabama Million Dollar Band, members must meet the following requirements:
- Must be registered for MUA 153/253/353/453 (Please be aware that these registration requirements will be verified)
- Must be working toward a degree as demonstrated by:
- registering for at least nine hours for the fall semester at The University of Alabama
- registering for at least six hours for the fall semester at Shelton State University while registered for MUA 153/253/353/453 as a Special Student at The University of Alabama
- Must be in good financial standing with University Bands and The University of Alabama, including the dispensation of all uniform fees, equipment fees, hotel fees, or other charges incurred in prior membership
- Must be selected for membership by audition
- Must complete and have on record with University Bands Office, a 2013 Medical Information Form. Please bring this completed form with you to Fall Camp Check-in. DO NOT MAIL IN YOUR MEDICAL FORMS!!!
New Member Audition Procedures STEP BY STEP
- Register on The University of Alabama Bands database. 2013 Prospective MDB members should choose the ‘NEW Members Click Here!’ button when registering. Please use your UA Campus Wide Identification number (CWID) as your Member ID. You must have been accepted to The University of Alabama and received your CWID along with a Crimson/UA email address before you can register as a 2013 MDB Prospective Member. It should be noted that registering on The UA Bands database does not guarantee membership into 2013-2014 Million Dollar Band.
- Submit a Letter of Recommendation from your current band director (or former director if you are not currently in high school) on official band or school letterhead. Letters of Recommendation must be mailed to the University Band Office prior to April 30th. Have your director mail your letter DIRECTLY to us at the following address:
University of Alabama Bands ATTN: Letter of Recommendation Box 870368 Tuscaloosa, AL 35487
- Prepare for your audition. Each component of the band has its own audition process. Click on the appropriate section below to find the audition details for your group. Please note that anyone interested in becoming a member of the Million Dollar Band must complete an audition. It also should be noted, that not all who audition, will be accepted.
University Bands Scholarships
The University Bands offers participation scholarships to deserving members. ADDITIONAL information about auditioning for a University Bands SCHOLARSHIP may be found HERE.