2020 MILLION DOLLAR BAND PERCUSSION AUDITIONS
2020 MILLION DOLLAR BAND COLORGUARD AUDITIONS – OPENS JANUARY 2020
2020 MILLION DOLLAR BAND CRIMSONETTE AUDITIONS – OPENS JANUARY 2020
FOR ALL NEW-POTENTIAL WOODWIND AND BRASS MEMBERS
Audition Procedures: STEP BY STEP
- STEP #1 – AUDITION REGISTRATION
- All potential Million Dollar Band members must audition prior to April 18, 2020.
- To register, you must have been accepted to The University of Alabama and received your CWID and crimson.ua.edu address.
- Registering for the 2020-2021 audition database does not guarantee membership into 2020-2021 Million Dollar Band.
- 2020 Woodwind and Brass New Member Audition Dates
- Monday, February 17, 2020
- Saturday, February 29, 2020
- Saturday, March 28, 2020
- Alabama Football A-Day (Date TBD)
- 2020 MDB Woodwind and Brass Audition Registration
- STEP #2 – SUBMIT LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION
- Potential New members must submit a Letter of Recommendation from your current band director (or former director if you are not currently in high school).
- Letters must be received in the University Bands office PRIOR to your audition – you will not be allowed to audition without a letter on file.
- After you register, your director will be sent a link to upload your Letter of Recommendation.
- STEP #3 – AUDITION PREPARATION
Each component of the band has its own audition process. For woodwind and brass instruments, auditions will contain two parts: sight-reading etudes (provide in the audition room) and a prepared etude. Click on the appropriate instrument below to download the audition prepared etude for your 2020-2021 Million Dollar Band audition. Please note that anyone interested in becoming a member of the Million Dollar Band must complete an audition. It also should be noted, that not all who audition, will be accepted. No University Bands equipment will be provided for your audition. You must bring your own instrument to the audition. Please adhere to all marked tempos on the prepared etudes! Audition etudes are available below!
- STEP #4 – SCHEDULE THE AUDITION
- After you submit your registration, you will receive a time slot for the day you selected. ALL NEW POTENTIAL MEMBERS MUST audition on the specified days only. All times are Central Standard Time! Once the audition day is filled, the date will close. NO ONE WILL BE ADDED ONCE AN AUDITION DAY HAS BEEN FILLED AND CLOSED. Do not wait to sign up for an audition day. If you signup for an audition and you do not show, you WILL NOT be allowed to schedule another audition day.
MILLION DOLLAR BAND SCHOLARSHIPS
All students who complete the Million Dollar Band audition process will be considered for Million Dollar Band scholarships. Scholarships will be awarded to students who demonstrate a high proficiency level on their audition and the instrumentation needs of the Million Dollar Band. There is NO separate audition to be considered for scholarship. Scholarships range from $500-$1,000 and will be awarded prior to the start of Fall classes.
After the last audition date (Saturday, April 18, 2020), notifications will be emailed (UA issued Crimson email address) to all students who completed the Million Dollar Band audition process, notifying them of membership status and potential scholarship awards.
GENERAL MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENTS
To become a member of The University of Alabama Million Dollar Band, students must have been accepted to The University of Alabama. Once you have been accepted, the University will assign you with a Campus Wide Identification number (CWID) along with a Crimson/UA email address. Additionally, students must meet the following requirements:
- ALL potential Million Dollar Band members MUST audition prior to April 18, 2020. All new and returning students must audition for membership into the Million Dollard Band during the Spring semester.
- Must register for the marching band class (MUA 153/253/353/453) BUT ONLY AFTER you have received notification that you passed the audition and have received membership into the Million Dollar Band (after April 18, 2020). Please be aware that these registration requirements will be verified prior to the first day of Fall Camp.
- Must be working toward a degree as demonstrated by either:
- registering for at least twelve hours for the Fall semester at The University of Alabama
- registering for at least twelve hours for the Fall semester at Shelton State University while registered for MUA 153/253/353/453 as a part-time student at The University of Alabama
- Potential returning members must be in good financial standing with University Bands and The University of Alabama, including taking care of all uniform fees, equipment fees, class fees or other charges incurred in prior membership
- Must be selected for membership by audition
- Must complete and have on record with University Bands Office, the 2020 MDB Medical Form (emailed to MDB roster after July 1, 2020). Please bring this completed form with you to Fall Camp Check-In. DO NOT MAIL IN YOUR MEDICAL FORMS!!!