MILLION DOLLAR BAND MAJORETTE CAMP
Wednesday, June 12 – Saturday, June 15, 2019
Designed for high school students with a passion for twirling, the Million Dollar Band Majorette Camp offers campers the opportunity to work with the choreographer and coach for the world renowned “Crimsonettes” as well as the incredible majorette line with the University of Alabama’s Million Dollar Band! The coach and staff will offer instruction in all facets of baton twirling. Leadership is the theme that runs throughout the curriculum. The camp is perfect for instructors and sponsors as well. Students who have just completed grades 9, 10, 11 and/or 12 as of June 2019 are eligible to attend.
Majorette Camp Costs
RESIDENT CAMPER (Staying on campus): $425.00
COMMUTER CAMPER (Commuting each day): $325.00
Crimson Camps Detailed Information Packet – CLICK HERE
Majorette Camp Schedule – CLICK HERE
Crimson Camp Parking Map – CLICK HERE
Crimson Camp Parking Pass – CLICK HERE
Crimson Camp Parking Instructions – CLICK HERE
MAJORETTE CAMP SPECIFIC NEEDS:
- Each Majorette Camper will need to bring comfortable twirling clothing that will allow them to move in easily and comfortably while working on baton routines. All campers should bring both athletic tennis shoes AND jazz shoes. NO FLIP-FLOPS OR SANDALS ARE ALLOWED DURING INSTRUCTION TIME OR REHEARSALS. Some rehearsals may be held outdoors so campers should be prepared with sunglasses, hats, sunscreen, insect spray, reusable water bottles, etc.
- Each Majorette Camper should bring a backpack/bag for daily use, a beach towel or yoga mat for morning stretch classes, a recording device to help remember routines, hair products to secure hair away from face for class, a notebook and pencil for note taking during classes and a Sharpie (you never know who you might see on campus around the football stadium).
- Each Majorette Camper should bring one, two and/or three batons (three if you would like to take the 3-baton class) as well as show-twirl items such as a hoop-baton, streamers, baton knives, etc. NO TWIRLING EQUIPMENT WILL BE PROVIDED! Any specific questions regarding Majorette Camp can be sent to email@example.com.
ITEMS TO BRING (FOR ALL PARTICIPANTS) *This is for Concert, Percussion, and Majorette Camp ONLY*:
- FINAL PERFORMANCES/CONCERT ITEMS FOR LAST DAY OF CAMP
- All campers will be given a 2019 Summer Crimson Music Camp t-shirt at check-in on the first day of their camp. This t-shirt is for the final performances and concerts. All campers should bring a pair of khaki pants or shorts and athletic tennis shoes to be worn with the 2019 Summer Crimson Music Camp t-shirt as their attire for the final performances and concerts. There is no final performance or presentation for the Leadership Institute, but participants will still get a 2019 Crimson Leadership Institute t-shirt.
- DORM AND CAMP ESSENTIALS
- ALL linens are needed for twin size beds OR a sleeping bag, alarm clock, hair dryer and all toiletries (soap, shampoo, etc.) along with bath towels and washcloths
- Housing will be a 4 bedroom, 2 bath suite-style dorm with a living room area and a kitchen equipped with a microwave and a full-size fridge
- Snacks, microwave meals, soft drinks/water are allowed in the dorms
- Informal, summer clothes for rehearsals and recreation ***PLEASE dress comfortably, casually and appropriately for rehearsals and other indoor camp activities ***Also see CAMP SPECIFICS on pages 3-5 of Crimson Camp Detailed Information Packet (COMING SOON)***
- Raincoat and/or umbrella in the event of rainy weather
- Recreation apparel (e.g. swimsuit – PLEASE be conscious of swimsuits for ladies…be modest and remember that you are representing your family and your school)
- Money for incidental purchases (recordings/souvenirs) and refreshments
- Suggested amounts: $20.00 – $30.00 will be plenty – please do not bring larger sums of money as it will not be needed. There are vending machines in Moody that take $1 dollar bills and coins
RESIDENT vs COMMUTER CAMPER
RESIDENT CAMPER fees include all instruction, group activities, housing in University dormitories and select meals each day in the University Dining Halls.
COMMUTER CAMPER fees include all instruction and group activities along with select meals each day. A COMMUTER CAMPER should be housed in the Tuscaloosa area with a relative 21 years old or older.
For Crimson Camp contact information CLICK HERE
If you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact David Potter, Coordinator of Band Operations: firstname.lastname@example.org