CONCERT BAND CAMP
Wednesday, June 8 – Saturday, June 13, 2020
Ensemble participation and performance will be stressed during the Concert Band Camp and each group (Junior Band and Senior Band) will offer a public performance at the conclusion of the camp week. Students will also have the opportunity to take a private lesson with our artist faculty and be exposed to smaller, chamber ensemble music, coached by faculty and staff members at the University of Alabama School of Music. Other faculty members may be contacted by clicking the link found at the bottom of the page. Students who have just completed grades 6 through 12 as of June 2020 are eligible to attend.
Concert Band Camp Costs
RESIDENT CAMPER (Staying on campus): $425.00
COMMUTER CAMPER (Commuting each day): $325.00
Registration is now OPEN!
Crimson Camp Parking
Concert Band Camp Schedule
CONCERT BAND CAMP SPECIFIC NEEDS:
- Each Concert Band Camperwill be assigned a chair placement audition time/location at check-in, and should report to their audition room at least 10 minutes before the assigned time. Look for posted signs throughout the Moody Music Building for guidance to the audition rooms.
- Your audition will consist of scales and a sight-reading exercise. Please refer to your registration packet for specifics.
- What to bring:
- WIND PLAYERS:
- Personal Instrument (LABELED WITH NAME AND ADDRESS)
- Mutes, oil, cork grease, reeds, and any other equipment needed for maintenance of your instrument
- Sticks and mallets (We will provide instruments)
- Folding music stand (LABELED)
- Resident Campers:
- ALL linens are needed for twin size beds OR a sleeping bag
- Alarm clock
- Toiletries (soap, shampoo, hair dryer, etc.)
- Bath towels and washcloths
- Snacks, microwave meals, soft drinks/water are allowed in the dorms
- Informal, summer clothes for rehearsals and recreation (e.g. swimsuit – PLEASE be conscious of swimsuit choices)
- Tennis Shoes
- Khaki Pants or Shorts (for final performance)
- Please dress comfortably, casually and appropriately for rehearsals and other indoor camp activities
- WIND PLAYERS:
RESIDENT vs COMMUTER CAMPER
RESIDENT CAMPER fees include all instruction, group activities, housing in University dormitories and select meals each day in the University Dining Halls.
COMMUTER CAMPER fees include all instruction and group activities along with select meals each day. A COMMUTER CAMPER should be housed in the Tuscaloosa area with a relative 21 years old or older.
PRIVATE LESSONS DURING CONCERT BAND CAMP
Students are encouraged to take advantage of our world-class faculty by scheduling a private lesson with the faculty during the week of Crimson Concert Band Camp. These lessons can be scheduled by the camp attendees during the chair placement auditions on the first day of camp. If you are interested in scheduling a private lesson, you should let the professor know during your chair placement audition. There is no cost for the lesson however, lessons are at the discretion of the professor and will depend on their daily schedule. Not all faculty will be able to schedule lessons during the camp. A listing of the email addresses of the camp faculty members can be found HERE.
For Crimson Camp contact information CLICK HERE
If you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact David Potter, Coordinator of Band Operations: firstname.lastname@example.org